- Created: 01 June 2016
Red Cross Society of PEC was established in 2065 BS by students and youth volunteers of Pokhara Engineering College to obtain the same vision and mission of the Red cross society district chapter.
Red Cross Society of PEC shall remain an efficient, self-sustainable, and independent humanitarian organization committed to provide immediate relief to human suffering and reduce vulnerability, under the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Society district chapter, through the students working closely with communities and organizations in a democratic, transparent and participatory way.
The mission of the Red Cross society of PEC is to relieve human suffering and to reduce vulnerability through community participation and mobilization of an increased number of volunteers, by expanding and strengthening the organizational structure of the society and by building links with governmental and non-governmental organizations.
With the primary objective of alleviating or reducing human suffering without discrimination on grounds of religion, race, sex, class, caste, tribe, nationality or political belief, the Society shall have the following functions:
- To serve war-victims, both civilians and army personnel, in times of armed conflict, and to work in the fields identified by the Geneva Conventions, including Tracing, in times of peace.
- To contribute to promote and improve health condition, preventing of diseases and reducing suffering.
- To arrange for emergency relief services for disaster victims.
- To organize Junior and Youth Red Cross as an integral part of Nepal Red Cross Society and to conduct activities promoting their participation.
- To promote the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and International Humanitarian Law with the objective of developing humanitarian ideals.
- To ensure respect for the International Humanitarian Law and protection of the Red Cross Emblem.
- To perform other functions of community development and public welfare.